For me the last couple of weeks have been filled with summer fun. All three of my kids (Akaylan 7, Athan 4, and Tia 2) have been home all summer. It’s been great to get up around 9, go to bed late, go to the beach, pool time, and lots of gym trips; with no time constraints what so ever. I had a longing to get back to my blog, but every time I tried to get a collected thought together, let alone a recipe my readers would want to make, I was redirected by my kid’s excitement to go on a summer adventure. I gave in with a big smile, because I knew that these times with my little ones will go by fast, and lets be honest, these activities are the only thing to keep a mother of three from going a little stir crazy! I also reminded myself that school will soon be in session, and that would leave me with more time to post on my blog.
School started yesterday and I can’t wait to start sharing recipes with you. Today I made one of my favorite summer snacks; Greek Yogurt Avocado dip. Greek yogurt is packed with protein and probiotics and avocados are full of healthy fats and fiber. Also, you’ll notice that I didn’t use lime juice in this recipe, and this is because the acidity from the yogurt and raw garlic preserve the color from the avocado.
I served this dip with homemade chips. I fried organic corn tortillas in olive oil and toped with sea salt. But really this dip pairs well with fresh veggies like cucumber and carrots because of it’s creamy and rich texture.
I love this dip and have been making it just about every day for the past month. Refreshing snacks are what hot summer days are all about!
- 2 Avocados (seeded and skins removed)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. - 1 tbsp, fresh ground jalapeno (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- In a food processor add the flesh from two avocados, Greek yogurt, garlic, jalapeno (grate garlic and jalapeño with fine side of a cheese grater before adding to food processor) and a couple dashes of sea salt.
- Pulse 3 - 5 times if you prefer a chunkier dip or a few more pulses for a smooth dip.
- Serve with chips and/or fresh veggies.